Author Roy's Corner
April 20, 2024, 07:45:12 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Clockwork Knights 2: Next Try Revolution.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Clockwork Knights 2: Next Try Revolution.  (Read 3442 times)
Author Roy
Administrator

Legendary Status: 0

The dark angel returns...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: December 13, 2009, 08:52:49 pm »

Grim Planet; Grim City, Formerly Clock Work Knight Headquarters; Former Clockwork Knight Command Center, August 26, 3:43 p.m., 3036 A.S

Well adapted?

She was just trying to save their asses!

"Kill? Are you deaf, or just stupid?" She demanded. "We're not doing anything!"

"Um, 'mam, it looks like it's getting ready for another attack!"

Suzu quickly looked over at the display screen showing the gigazord.

"And when I said we're not doing anything, I mean we're retreating!" She said. "Full scale retreat! Get to the underground hangar now! We're launching the moble base!" She hit a large red button on the side of her chair and alarms and a computerized announcement blared to life.

"All hands to battle stations!"

"Wait, that's the wrong one," she muttered before hitting the blue button beneath it.

"All personel are to report to the underground hangar for a full scale evacuation!"

She looked over at Cookies.

"If you want to survive, you'd probably better come with us! If not, then go ahead and fight that thing! I don't care anymore!" With that, she joined the group of people heading to the underground hangar just as the building shook, knocking most of the people to the ground. Getting a new idea, she instead turned and looked at him. "If you want, go buy us some time!" She tossed him a small key and pointed over at a large metal door. "Take your pick! This place is probably gonna be blown to bits anyway!"

With that, she again joined the flow of people heading to the evacuation point.

Grim Planet; Grim City, District 01, Hall of Grim; Central Hall, August 26, 3:57 p.m., 3036 A.S.

Not sure what to make of the cloaked figure's presence, and deciding that it was of no concern to him, Zero was turning to lead the Princess back to her own area so that the Central Hall's preperations for the night could continue, when there was a violet flash of light.

"Let any who question the will of the Overlords be Punished!  So says Cookies, the Overlord!"

Zero quickly turned and looked up at the figure claiming to be cookies, and frowned as she fire the massive illusory blast of energy at his charge.

'Not nearly flamboyant enough, but that will do.'

The faux-soldier stood before the princess, whose face was locked in a look of horror, and knelt, holding up the arm with the computer and summoning a barrier around the two of them. The blast washed over them harmlessly, and crashed into the floor around them. Unsurprisingly, the damage was nowhere near what one who'd only seen the blast might have expected, and Zero frowned.

'This is too convenient, anyone who looks back on this may suspect it was arranged.' Zero stood back up and looked around at the group that was now staring at him, thus making him the center of attention.

"Your highness! Are you hurt?!" Zero and his charge turned to look at a man in regal robes quickly making his way over to them.

"I am fine, Lord Austere," She said. "Was that... truly an overlord?"

"I know not, but I aim to find out," The man said with a growl before turning to look the roomful of soldiers. "Find out who it was that was just in here! I want a spatial and chronal warping tracerin here now! Figure out their unique displacement signature! I don't care if it's magical technological or what, but if that person was not an Overlord by the name of Cookies, I want to know everything about them!"

"Yes, my lord!" the room quickly burst into action and Austere turned to look at Zero again.

"What's your name, soldier?"

Zero grit his teeth.

"Xergo Proxy, Sir." He said with a salute.

"Proxy, eh? You're not from one of the noble families, are you?" The lord asked with a curious look. "Well, you've done a good job today. Who's your commander?"

"I am under the command of Errain Duval, Solemn Knight, my lord."

"I'll be sure to let him know of your quick thinking, soldier. Expect a promotion," The man said with a smile. He turned to look at the princess again. "Princess, though it pains me to do so, I must take my leave." The young lady nodded.

"I understand. You needn't worry about me, sir." She said. The man nodded and turned to leave and organize theor efforts to find their visitor.

Grim Planet; Grim City, District 01, Hall of Grim; Hallway outside Princess Grim's waiting room, August 26, 3:40 p.m., 3036 A.S.

As the two returned to the princess's room, she stopped and spoke to him.

"Thank you for protecting me, Xergo."

Zero shook his head and knelt down to the ground.

"My highness... I cannot appologize enough. My indiscretion caused us to be attacked. I shall take care to choose my words more carefully in the future." He said.

The princess shook her head.

"Please stand. You have no reason to appologize. I was the one who said those things... but..." Zero stood up, and saw that her face became ashen as she came to understand what the attack meant. "They're... they're watching us? Are they omnipotent? Omniscient?"

Zero looked around several times before looking back at her.

"I... I do not believe so, princess. I have... spoken my mind about the overlords before, and not been attacked for it. Perhaps they simply had someone in the hall at the time? Or perhaps it has something to do with today's meeting between nations... did you hear anything of the Overlords being involved, majesty?"

"No, I did not." She said with a shake of her head.

"I see..." He shook his head. "...Just in case, I would advise that you... do not say anything of them until you feel safe, highness."

The young lady nodded.

"I.. yes, of course."

"Now... I believe you had been waiting on your hairdresser before this incident?" The soldier asked.

"Ah..."

"I shall contact them again to makesure they know we are still waiting," He said. "You may stay in your room if you like."

The princess nodded slowly before turning to go into her room.
Report Spam   Logged

[4/7/2013 6:01:19 PM] DMRoy: NEGATIVE FOUR TO ATTACK ROLLS
[4/7/2013 6:01:22 PM] DMRoy: THAT'S YOUR BENEFIT
[4/7/2013 6:01:50 PM] Luke Fon Fabre: That, uh, doesn't sound very... beneficial to me...
[4/7/2013 6:01:58 PM] DMRoy: NEGATIVE EIGHT TO ATTACK ROLLS
[4/7/2013 6:02:17 PM] DMRoy: I BET THAT NEGATIVE FOUR SOUNDS A LOT BETTER NOW
[4/7/2013 6:02:19 PM] DMRoy: DON'T IT
[4/7/2013 6:02:26 PM] Super High-School Level Lesbian: Super High-School Level Lesbian snorts
[4/7/2013 6:02:46 PM | Edited 6:02:47 PM] Luke Fon Fabre: Yes, can I go back to that?
[4/7/2013 6:03:50 PM] Super High-School Level Lesbian: NO
[4/7/2013 6:03:52 PM] DMRoy: NO

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum