Author Roy's Corner
March 28, 2024, 03:56:26 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

FRINGE PERFECT

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FRINGE PERFECT  (Read 1194 times)
Author Roy
Administrator

Legendary Status: 0

The dark angel returns...

View Profile WWW
« on: January 14, 2013, 05:41:03 pm »

City 1438 Outskirts; Mountain-Top Peak; November 23rd, 4:04 PM

"Fuck it's cold..." Vex grumbled uncomfortably, his arms crossed over his chest while his breath was clearly visible. Looking down from the mountain top he was standing on, he couldn't see anyone in the clearing or the forest at the bottom of the mountain, and sighed.

"Humph... Where is everyone, they were just around..." Vex grumbled, "looks like I'll have to go find them..."

He began to take a step forward, as if his intent were to walk across the air, only to disappear in a flash before he even began to fall, the same instant he appeared in the clearing at the bottom of the mountain, completing his step as he appeared as the same flash of light died in his new location.

City 1438 Outskirts; Forest Clearing; November 23rd, 4:06 PM

Roi looked up when the flash of light appeared, alerting him to Vex's presence. He quickly moved into the dark shadows of the trees, where his dark clothing helped him to totally fade into the shadows. He watched the other combatant silently, thoughtlessly for a few short moments before deciding to pull the opening punch.

He reached down and grabbed one of his kunai, spun it in his hand and threw it at Vex, at the same time diving into the shadows on the tree trunk.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 05:45:25 pm by Author Roy » Report Spam   Logged

[4/7/2013 6:01:19 PM] DMRoy: NEGATIVE FOUR TO ATTACK ROLLS
[4/7/2013 6:01:22 PM] DMRoy: THAT'S YOUR BENEFIT
[4/7/2013 6:01:50 PM] Luke Fon Fabre: That, uh, doesn't sound very... beneficial to me...
[4/7/2013 6:01:58 PM] DMRoy: NEGATIVE EIGHT TO ATTACK ROLLS
[4/7/2013 6:02:17 PM] DMRoy: I BET THAT NEGATIVE FOUR SOUNDS A LOT BETTER NOW
[4/7/2013 6:02:19 PM] DMRoy: DON'T IT
[4/7/2013 6:02:26 PM] Super High-School Level Lesbian: Super High-School Level Lesbian snorts
[4/7/2013 6:02:46 PM | Edited 6:02:47 PM] Luke Fon Fabre: Yes, can I go back to that?
[4/7/2013 6:03:50 PM] Super High-School Level Lesbian: NO
[4/7/2013 6:03:52 PM] DMRoy: NO

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

JSB
Chief of Jays, Esses and Bees
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 08:04:16 pm »

City 1438 Outskirts; Heavily forested area; November 23rd, 4:06 PM

Derik cursed to himself as he looked at his watch. Sure, having a watch that got it's time straight from Dead Net was good, but for some reason he felt like something went wrong. The time was entirely wrong. There was no fucking way it was that many years ago. According to the year, he'd still be in his teens. Something really odd must've been happening, or one of Terref's runic spells went all crazy and teleported him to the middle of a forest...and fucked with his watch.

Well, from what he could tell, there were some people around here. Maybe he'd get a fight. Pushing his way through the brush, he made his way over to where he thought were other fighters. Maybe.
Report Spam   Logged

You should know better.
Author Roy
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 09:04:25 pm »

Roi was surprised, when he exited his destination shadow, to notice a new combatant had entered the area. It was odd - there had been no sign of the man before, but there he was, standing directly beneath the tree whose branch he was now perched atop. The man was about as tall and young as he himself was, but had white hair. The man's sleeveless shirt and pants - as well as their flamboyant designs - suggested a crude personality, not unlike that of Vex, come to think of it.

It mattered not - it simply meant there was another target whose neck to bury his kunai in.

Slowly, silently, Roi reached down to the holster on his leg, and slid his finger into the hook of a kunai. The carbon nano-rod blade, its edge refined to a molecular sharpness, made no sound as he retrieved it. He slowly brought his arm back, ready to let loose the deadly weapon the instant he could.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 09:06:33 pm by Author Roy » Report Spam   Logged

[4/7/2013 6:01:50 PM] Luke Fon Fabre: That, uh, doesn't sound very... beneficial to me...
[4/7/2013 6:02:26 PM] Super High-School Level Lesbian: Super High-School Level Lesbian snorts
[4/7/2013 6:02:46 PM | Edited 6:02:47 PM] Luke Fon Fabre: Yes, can I go back to that?
JSB
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 10:04:42 pm »

Derik's wolfish ears twitched, picking up sounds from all over the area. Most of the sounds came from the rustling of leaves, but there was another sound he couldn't quite place. Still, given that this was a battle ground he should really be on his guard. Battles were fun, but being sneaked up on was not high on his list. Usually was his forte when he resorted to his totem.

The wolfman cracked his neck, and stretched his arms a bit. "It's been a while since I've been involved in some free for all battles. I'm tired of that war crap anyways."
Report Spam   Logged

You should know better.
Author Roy
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2013, 10:31:19 pm »

It was as the man stretched is arms that Roi's arm rocketed forward and the blade flew free of his grasp, straight at the newcomer's neck!
Report Spam   Logged

JSB
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2013, 03:02:54 pm »

It was then that Derik decided to switch to stretching his legs, immediately dropping to the ground on his rear. The Kunai, originally aimed at his neck, instead plummeted straight into his hard as iron hair. However, being such a sharp blade, was able to cut quite a bit through, and ended up poking his skull, just enough to make it hurt and bleed.

"What the hell?!" The wolfman yelled. Attempting to reach into his spiky hair, he found not only that a few strands were cut out and that there was definitely a weapon of some sort. He could feel the hook, and with a forced of strength, pulled it out. What he found in his hands was probably one of the worst things he could find.

A kunai. A kunai he recognized. It looked almost exactly like the one Leone's Ninja contact had shown him. That could only mean that the Ninja clan had found him. Given how the war was going, they probably had control of dead net in the area too, so that when he was killed, he'd be sent somewhere he wouldn't be found. He was part of Leone Esposito's team, after all. The largest thorn in Kume's plans.

"The ninja clan found me. Crap." He cursed before he began a dead sprint, off into some random direction. Without any back up, he'd be screwed if he ran into more.
Report Spam   Logged

You should know better.
Author Roy
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2013, 03:59:07 pm »

Roi watched, only slightly surprised, as his target fled. It was rare that an opponent in this "game" would try to flee, but the man may have recognized his weapon as the same kind used by Kazue. But if the fool thought he'd get away that easily, then he had another thing coming. The ninja quickly gave chase, leaping into the shadows from which he'd emerged only to appear in another behind the man, where he threw another Kunai at his target's back, one that would connect if the man kept running as he was.

Marianne Adalicia Rebecca Sieglinde Lyonette Dawne Hilaire frowned.

Something was wrong. Horribly wrong. She'd just been killed nigh instantly on the plains by some strange suave looking guy, and she'd just respawned... but she didn't recognize the immediate area.

'Great, where am I now?'

She sighed, but resolved to find her way home. She'd had enough of this stupid game for today. Possibly forever, given the amount of pain it allowed her to experience. She picked a random direction and started walking, only to hear rapid footsteps, at which point she looked up and saw a tall man with silly clothes running at her as if the hounds of hell were on his heels.

'Huh?'

Ena looked around, slightly confused, as she walked. She'd been talking with Lucien and that strangely intelligent (and extremely impudent) stick of his, when there had been an explosion, and now she was in some kind of forest.

'Oh dead-net, will wonders never cease?'

Ah well, first thing's first; find Lucien again, and then find out who'd so cheaply killed them and deliver upon said person payback.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 05:20:57 pm by Author Roy » Report Spam   Logged

Xero
Captain of the Intergalactic House of Pancakes!
Global Moderator

Why's everything in circles? Atoms, Planets. Yeah.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2013, 07:58:41 pm »

Above the dense treetops a hovering figure seemed to pop into existence in the clear blue sky. Casting a glance around, light glinting off the sweeping red spikes of the person's helmet, a puzzled pout of a frown formed on their face. Was this some kind of trick her opponent had cooked up? She fancied herself the strongest psychic around and the person she had been fighting hadn't displayed abilities even close to hers, much less capable of an elaborate illusion like this. She wasn't even detecting any psychic energy at all, either, and there was no way to really hide it in something like this that well.

Nymt's puzzled frown deepened as she realized she was a sitting duck in her confusion. Against the bright blue sky, her armor might as well be a giant beacon. A gray bodysuit that was perhaps more snug than it was intended to be would stand out enough on it's own. The heavy black armored helmet, chestplate, gauntlets and greaves certainly didn't help. The thing that really made it so even a blind person could spot her was that the psionic-enhancing Z-Exo's attachments were a bright crimson red and only added to the bulk of the already heavy armor. Were it not for the fact she was using her psionic power to do so, she'd hardly be able to move.

Deciding to find a place to lay low for a moment, she gracefully flipped upside down and a small burst of psychic energy from the Z-Exo's jet system propelled her down into the trees with only a slight rustling of the branches and leaves betraying her presence.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 08:00:45 pm by Xero » Report Spam   Logged

I'm on your side you fucking idiots! How many of you do I have to kill before you understand that?
VexTheWarlord
President Obama
PCG1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2013, 11:48:47 am »

City 1438 Outskirts; Mountain-Top Peak; November 23rd, 4:06PM

"Stupid game... Give me a fucking line block once and while..." Vex muttered, clearly frustrated as he stared at the small electronic device held in his hands. After a moment he just sighed and pocketed it once more. He didn't pull his hand back out of his pocket afterward however, taking a moment to look around the area, chewing idly on the handle of the Kunai that Roi had thrown at him just a minute or two ago.

...Did Roi seriously think that was going to work?

He snickered, ah well... there seemed to be plenty of activity now. So... He grinned, hands sliding back out of his pockets as he crouched down, muscles tightening.

It was time to have some fun.

...and with that, and another flash of light. He was gone.
Report Spam   Logged
Author Roy
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2013, 02:45:09 pm »

City 1438 Outskirts; Mountain-Top Peak; November 23rd, 4:06PM

Ena blinked as she happened upon a young man who was staring at a small electronic device in his hands.

"Stupid game... Give me a fucking line block once and while..."

She blinked. Tetris? She loved tetris! Clearly this guy had his head in the right place. He didn't seem like the type to just randomly ambush two people in mid-conversation.

As she approached him to ask where they were, however, he pocketed the device and disappeared in a flash of light.

She stared after him for a moment, then sighed.

Perhaps if she could simply get an aerial view, she'd be able to figure out exactly where she was.

And with that she crouched low, before leaping up past the tree tops, high into the sky.
Report Spam   Logged

JSB
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2013, 04:10:01 pm »

Derik was in a panicking state, but he knew what the ninja's could do, and so he payed close attention to the sounds around him as he ran. He knew that the ninja's would use shadows to move around, and that the Ninja would probably sneak up behind or in front of him. It wasn't the first time. His ears twitched, hearing another distinct sound that was not the leaves rustling. Whatever it was, it was behind him.

The wolfman kicked of the ground, spinning midair to kick the kunai out of the air behind him, which then buried itself in a nearby tree. As he landed, sliding on the ground until he eventually stopped, he took in a deep breath before letting out a bestial roar, sending a shockwave back at the ninja chasing him.

There was only one ninja after him from what he could tell, but there were probably more. He couldn't afford to be caught at this point. With that he decided it was time to change strategies, being engulfed in a flash of light. When it died down, there was nothing of the man that used to stand there.
Report Spam   Logged

You should know better.
Author Roy
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2013, 04:43:11 pm »

City 1438 Outskirts; Heavily forested area; November 23rd, 4:07 PM

Roi blinked as the man... simply vanished, in a flash of light. He immediately halted his chase in the shadow of a tree as he looked around, wondering where this strange foe could have gotten off too. Was the man gone, or simply invisible?

Roi frowned. If his opponent could teleport, then he'd have done so earlier, unless it took more effort than it was worth. Which left the possible scenario of stealth of some sort, as well as the possibility that the man had been an illusion to begin with.

Well, that didn't give him too many options. Of course, if the man thought he could go stealth against a ninja, he had another thing coming. The Shadow Ninja slowly sank into a nearby shadow, to re-emerge from one in the trees above where his target had last been. Carefully, he looked around, watching everything, waiting for that tale-tell sound or otherwise that would give away the position of his opponent - whether it was some sort of illusionist or a stealthed fighter in silly clothing.
Report Spam   Logged

Xero
Captain of the Intergalactic House of Pancakes!
Global Moderator

Why's everything in circles? Atoms, Planets. Yeah.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2013, 08:18:10 pm »

Nymt's dive below the treetops halted with a graceful, telekinetic flip to right herself in a hover a little over ten feet above the ground. She cast another glance around, spotting not sign of anybody. Not that that meant anything. Focusing inwardly, she cast out a small wave of psionic energy that would resonate with any sentient creature nearby. She had heard such tasks were more difficult for people imbued with psychic abilities, but for Saegin it was one of their most basic techniques. Two minds flared out as bright as beacons, both nearby. One was lurking amongst the trees while the other was supposed out in the open below her, an almost primal hunters focus bleeding through the brief momentary connection.

She gave a smirk, knowing full well whoever it was down there must be invisible. Raising both her arms out, one aimed down below and the other towards the treetops, she paused only for a moment to make sure she had the location of those minds correct. A small humming whirl of energy was the only warning sound as an almost glass-like manifestation of raw psychic energy blasted from her palms and rocketed towards their respective targets. She was hardly going all out with either, but there was enough kinetic force packed into the basketball sized attacks to rival being hit by a large truck.
Report Spam   Logged

I'm on your side you fucking idiots! How many of you do I have to kill before you understand that?
JSB
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2013, 09:28:41 pm »

Derik, currently in his invisible Kizeriub and currently watching he could without moving for any signs of ninja's. They weren't dumb enough to leave just because he seemed to disappear. Hell, he expected some of them to have heat vision goggles or something. It wouldn't be the first time.

His ears picked up a humming sound from above and he looked up to see a floating woman. A woman decked out in a tight bodysuit and heavy armor. It was a wonder that she could fly with with that heavy equipment, unless she had booster jets...or very high psychic powers. If anyone could see him, they'd see that he was smiling a wolfish smile. Unfortunately, he didn't get a chance to do anything as the ball launched. Instinctively he launched forward again, just barely avoiding the blast. In fact the shockwave pushed him more forward. Jeez. To think such a small ball could deal that much damage.

Given that she was also firing on the Ninja that was attacking them, he wasn't part of Kume's crew. Strangely, he wasn't feeling worried about getting caught. With another combatant that was not from either side, it was likely this wasn't a secret operation and that it was just a normal free for all in the wilderness. Well then, time to have some fun. He really didn't want to fight that ninja anyways.

'HEY! You seem like a pretty powerful psychic. Let's say you and me turn this into a 1 on 1. Forget the ninja. That is if you think you can keep up.'

City 1438 Outskirts; Forest Clearing; November 23rd, 4:07 PM

"Wha...Where the hell am I!" Sarah yelled, whipping her head back and forth. She was definitely not in a forested area last she checked. Her black and red tail wagged back and forth in excitement despite the pressing issue of suddenly appearing else where. She had important things to do...like make that flight to meet up with Lucien and the others.

"Well...crap."
Report Spam   Logged

You should know better.
Author Roy
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2013, 09:40:33 pm »

Roi's ear straining paid off when he heard the sound of humming, and he quickly turned to see a floating woman clad in gaudy armor and a snug gray bodysuit. She had a rather chunky build, and was holding two floating, whirling, nigh-transparent spheres of... if he had to guess, some kind of pure kinetic energy?

And then in an instant the whirling spheres were loosed, flying quickly at him and the likely invisible man. He quickly sank into the shadows of the tree branches, emerging in the shadow of a tree near the newcomer. Immediately he lashed out with a massive spike of shadow energy, sending it flying straight at her like a bullet, as the tree he'd been in mere instants before exploded into so much firewood.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum